La Isla Watch & Win Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOURCHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
CONTESTANTS MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENTS OFTHE CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES, 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. VOID IN ANY STATE AND JURISDICTION WHERE PROHIBITED BYLAW.
SPONSORS: The sponsors of La Isla Watch & Win(the “Contest”) is AztecaInternational Corporation d/b/a Azteca America, with its principal offices at 1139 Grand Central Ave. Glendale CA 91201("Sponsor").
This Contest is opento all legal residents of the continental United States,18 years ofage or older, except for residents of states where this contest is prohibited.Without limitation to the foregoing, persons included in any of the followingcategories are not eligible to compete or win a prize: (a) persons who from and afterAugust27th , 2012,were or are employees or agents of Sponsor or their parentcompanies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies, andtheir immediate families (spouse, parents, children, and siblings and theirrespective spouses) and individuals living in the same household of suchpersons; (b) persons who have publicly appeared or engaged in any illicit,lewd, pornographic or other objectionable activity or medium; (c) persons whoare engaged in the development of, production of, distribution of materials, orselection of contestants and/or the Grand Prize winnersfor this Contest; (d) persons who have previously won.
HOW TO ENTER and HOW TO WIN
The Contestbegins at 12 AM. Pacific Time on Sunday, August 26th , 2012 (the“Starting Time”) and ends at 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, September, 20th, 2012 (the “Closing Time”) (collectively, the“Contest Period”). There are two ways toparticipate: 1) By sending a text message containing The Keyword of the day that will appear during La Isla, Monday to Thursdaybetween 8pm and 9pm, starting on August 27th and ending on September20th, 2012, using your SMS-enabled mobile device activated under theContestant’s name to the short code number 38226. After you send the initialtext message to opt-in, you will receive a text message confirming yourentry. Standard mobile operator SMS textrates apply to all messages; or 2)By submitting an entry go tohttp://www.facebook.com/azamerica and like us to complete the entryform. Entrants must become a fan of the Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/azamerica to enter the Contest. Entrants must completeall fields in the online entry form and submit it online. Information required on the entry formconsists of first and last name, email address, telephone number and clue ofthe day. Participants can enter everydayand must include the daily clue. Eachday an entry with the right clue will be selected and entered in the randomweekly drawing to select the winner of the computer and tablet giftcertificate.
By entering, you agree to comply with allapplicable laws and these Contest rules, and you agree to abide by alldecisions of the Sponsor. In the eventof a dispute, electronic and email entries will be deemed to have beensubmitted by the authorized account holder of the email address referenced inthe entry. The authorized account holderis the person to whom the applicable internet service provider or otherorganization (such as business or educational institute) has assigned the emailaddress at the time of entry. Winnerwill be notified based on the contact information provided in the Facebook entryor SMS.
All winners willbe notified by telephone.
PRIZES and ODDS OFWINNING
Each prizeconsists of a gift certificate from (STORE TBD) for a computer and a tabletwith a value of $1,000. A total of 4 computers and 4 tablets will be givenaway. Odds of winning depend on thenumber of entries. Prize isnon-transferable and no substitution is allowed, except by the Sponsor, in itssole discretion. In the event prize isnot available for any reason, Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal orgreater value.
Proof of age, identity, and eligibility mustbe furnished to Sponsor upon request. Sponsor will not award a prize to anyone not meeting eligibilityrequirements at the time of entry. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if these Cotnestrules are not followed.
NOTIFICATION AND QUALIFICATION OF WINNERS:
Eligible winnersthat entered via SMS will be notified by 1) telephone at the phone numberassociated with the mobile device used or at the phone number registered on thetext used to enter the Contest. In theevent that a winner does not respond to such notification after three (3) callswithin an eight (8) hour period, a disqualification will result and analternate winner will be determined from the remaining contestants or 2)Eligible winners that entered on Facebook will be contacted directly to thetelephone number provided. If the winnerdoes not respond to the call after three (3) calls within an eight (8) hourperiod a disqualification will result and an alternate winner will bedetermined from the remaining contestants.
If thecontestant does respond, they must qualify to be considered a winner.Qualification will include: (i) proof oflegal residency in the USAvia government-issued identification; (ii) proof of age and consent; and (iii)compliance with the eligibility requirements set forth in these rules.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY/PUBLICITY RELEASE:
Followingnotification, and before being declared a winner, each selected contestant willbe sent via U.S. mail, email or facsimile and required to sign a contestantagreement to participate and an affidavit of eligibility and release ofliability form, confirming acceptance and compliance with the Contest rules,acceptance of the prize as offered and a release acknowledging the non-responsibilityof the Sponsor, the mobile service carriers, Facebook and their parentcompanies, subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, employees, officers,directors, agents, representatives, advertising and promotion agencies(collectively, “Companies”) in respect of injuries, accidents, loss ormisfortune related to the conduct of the Contest, awarding of the prizes anduse and enjoyment of the awarded prizes and any travel related thereto, andconsenting to the use of the contestant’s name, address, image, photograph,voice, likeness, biography and statements in any medium without right of reviewor additional compensation or consideration unless prohibited by law. Saidforms must be properly completed, signed and returned within five (5) days ofreceipt, or the prizes will be forfeited and the contestant disqualified as awinner. If any contestant agreement,release form or prize is returned as undeliverable, or a winner cannot becontacted as outlined above, or if a winner is unavailable, the prize will beforfeited and the contestant will be disqualified as a winner, and an alternatewinner will be determined from the remaining contestants.
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
1. By entering this Contest, youacknowledge having read these rules and agree to be bound by them, and by thedecisions of Sponsor which are final and binding with respect to all aspects ofthe Contest, including the determination of winners, and you warrant that youare not prohibited from participating in the Contest.
2. All the entries received becomethe property of the Sponsor and in no case shall be returned to sender. Taxeson prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
3. If the identity of a contestantis disputed, the authorized account holder of the wireless device will bedeemed to be the contestant. The individual contracting with his/her carrierfor wireless communications services and assigned the wireless device phonenumber is considered the authorized account holder. A selected contestant maybe required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder ofthe wireless device and phone number associated with the selected entry at thetime of entry.
4. Prizes are non-transferable, non-exchangeable and must beaccepted by the winner as awarded. No substitution will be made on any prizeexcept at the sole discretion of the Sponsor who may substitute a prize orprize component of greater or comparable value.
5. By accepting a prize, winners consent to the use of theirnames, addresses, voices, statements, biographies, photographs, images andother likenesses, without any further consideration, in any medium, including,without limitation, in still photos, film, video, television, radio and theinternet, and in any publicity carried out by the Sponsor or any of theirrelated entities, insurers, promotions companies and service providers, unlessprohibited by law.
6. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, state,municipal and other applicable laws, rules or regulations.
7. The Companies are not responsible fortelecommunications, network, electronic, technical or computer failures of anykind or for lost, stolen, misdirected, mutilated, damaged, garbled, delayed,misdirected, incorrectly addressed, undeliverable, destroyed, late, incompleteor illegible entries, including: any hardware or software failures of any kind;lost or unavailable network connections; failed, incomplete or garbledcomputer, telephone or satellite transmissions; incorrect, inaccuratetranscription or loss of entry information; typographical or system errors; anyviruses transmitted to computers of contestants via the internet; problems ortechnical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer onlinesystems, servers, providers or computer equipment; or technical problems ortraffic congestion on the internet or any combination thereof; or for anytechnical or human errors associated with the Contest. Entries that are generated by a script,macro, or other automated means and/or otherwise not in compliance with these ruleswill be disqualified. Sponsor shall havethe sole and absolute discretion to determine if an entry is in compliance withthese rules. The Companies are notresponsible for typographical or other errors in the offering or administrationof this Contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising, the rules,the selection and announcement of winners, or the distribution of any prize.
8. The Companies shallnot be responsible for any injury or damage to contestant's or any otherperson's computer or telephone handset related to or resulting fromparticipating in the Contest, or downloading any material for the Contest whichmay limit a contestant’s ability to participate. Companies may disqualifyanyone from participating in the Contest or winning a prize, if in their solediscretion they determine that person is attempting to undermine the legitimateoperation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfairpractices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any othercontestants or Companies’ representatives. Companies reserve the right, intheir sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest atany time should virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causesbeyond the control of the Companies corrupt or adversely affect theadministration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of theContest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANTTO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THEwww.aztecaamerica.comWEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE INVIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE,COMPANIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’FEES) FROM ANY SUCH CONTESTANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDINGCRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Companies shall have the sole right to disqualify anycontestant for violation of these rules or any applicable laws relating to theContest, or tampering with any element of this Contest, and to resolve alldisputes in their sole discretion.
9. The terms of this Contest, as set forth in these rules, arenot subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set forth herein.
10. For a list of prize winners, available after September 24th, 2012, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Azteca America, 1139 Grand Central Ave Glendale CA 91201 Winner List.
11. In no event shall Sponsor, their parents, partners, andaffiliated companies, their respective agents, employees, directors, officersand legal advisors and any other companies or entities participating in thedesign, administration or fulfillment of this Contest, be liable for personal injuries,death, damages, expenses or costs or losses of any kind resulting fromparticipation or inability to participate in this Contest or acceptance of oruse or inability to use a prize or parts thereof and any travel relatedthereto, including, without limitation, claims, suits, injuries, losses anddamages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction ofproperty, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a falselight (whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory ofcontract, tort (including negligence), warranty, or other theory.
12. The Sponsor collects personal information when entrants enterthis promotion. Entering the promotionconstitutes permission for the Sponsor to collect, maintain and use this datain accordance with The Sponsor’s Privacy Statement, located by selecting the“Privacy Policies” link at www.aztecaamerica.conm.